7.16.2007

Quadrathlon


Alarm rings at 5 am on a Saturday. After tossing and turning all night, getting maybe an hour's sleep, I grudgingly grab breakfast and a swimsuit. Months of running, biking, and swimming all for this race. A friend from work who trained with me arrives, and we're off for my second annual triathlon. We take a dip in Lake Washington, ride across the I-90 floating bridge (stunning view of Rainier), and finish the race with a lap around the host park. I finished in 3 hours (a really long time to exercise!). Longer than I expected, but I did it!!

In the spirit of living life to it's fullest, I also had tickets to see two of my favorite bands that night... in the next state over. So, we grab the dog, hop in the car and head 5 hours to Idaho. Concert was amazing and worth the trip!

Next day on the drive back, we discovered a chocolate boutique in Spokane that carries an Aztec chocolate to die for. Dark chocolate, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds and sea salt. Yum! Half way through the rolling fields of eastern WA, we pulled off the road to snap a few pictures of the wheat fields. An awesome couple were out harvesting their field and kindly offered to give me a ride in the harvester while they filled me in on the details of farming wheat. The harvester above was my ride.

No comments: